Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has been retained by Maples Surgical Centre on the recruitment of a Nurse Manager. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for effective, efficient, and safe patient care services while managing human and environmental resources for the operating room and PAR.
As the Nurse Manager, you are responsible for the clinical practice of all professional staff (RN’s and LPN/RPN’s), and ancillary support staff for the OR. The Clinical Nurse Manager will act in accordance with the ORNAC standards and scope of practice pertaining to the peri-operative patient as well as in accordance with facility policy and procedure. This individual must possess the education, skills, knowledge, and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures. The Clinical Nurse Manager must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, colleagues and supervisors and possess critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures and with the mission and vision of CHN.
- Clinical resource for perioperative services team members using evidence-based knowledge and prevailing standards.
- Evaluates current practice through quality and performance improvement measures.
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team, PAR team and non-clinical team members.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within the facility.
- Operationally and fiscally manage the perioperative services of the department.
- Initiates and leads the interviews for team member selection and in evaluating team member.
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse (RN), in good standing with the provincial regulatory body/college of nurses
- Completion of an accredited peri-operative nursing program a requirement with 3-5 years in the intra-operative environment
- BCLS/ACLS Certified and PALS, if applicable
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role (e.g.: Charge Nurse, Specialty Coordinator, Practice Lead)
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.