Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has been retained by a local leader in Winnipeg, Manitoba on the recruitment of their new Manager of Credit. The Manager of Credit administers the daily credit and collection activities within corporate credit guidelines ensuring responsibilities are accomplished in a manner which is sales supportive while minimizing credit risk.
The successful candidate will develop positive, collaborative working relationships with sales staff and other internal and external stakeholders while also supporting the achievement of department initiatives and goals.
- Review new credit account applications, assess credit risk, and approve or decline credit accounts in accordance with company policies and terms.
- Conduct credit investigations on existing customers to adjust credit limits based on customer requirements.
- Monitor monthly customer balances on medium to high-risk accounts and report on delinquent accounts as appropriate.
- Conduct collection activities while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Prepare delinquent accounts for third-party collection, construction liens, and bad debt write-offs.
- Lead and train the Credit/Accounts Receivable team.
- Ensure corporate credit policies are followed.
- Participate in external credit information sharing groups and internal high-risk reviews.
- Investigate and resolve customer disputes, working with salespeople, management, and customers.
- Monitor Credit Queue and respond when customers are placed on credit hold to release or deny orders.
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP)
- 5+ years credit management experience at a senior level
- In-depth knowledge of collection techniques and relevant legislation
- Construction industry experience preferred.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.