Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has been retained in the executive search of a Maintenance Manager. Our client is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba and provides services to a variety of Fortune 500 companies as well as rural small business operators; each one being a significant part of the growth. Our client continues to be a family owned and operated business that values relationships with customers, employees, owner operators, and suppliers. It has changed greatly from its small beginnings, but always strives to be innovative to be a leading company in the transport industry. Their commitment to quality service, competitive pricing, safe and efficient operation along with our team of professional drivers and staff members are all reasons for our 64 years in business, and our continued success.
Our client has evolved over the years into various forms of trucking operations from hauling farm machinery on flat beds and agricultural products in the early days, to operating with dry van and refrigerated trailers in the present. Throughout the years, the company has always stayed focused on being a single source truckload company, servicing both Canada and the United States.
- Oversee the process of open/close/review of repair orders and ensure work is completed in the most cost-effective manner minimizing failures and operational delays.
- Monitor the quality of the work performed to ensure high customer satisfaction and minimal repair come backs.
- Oversee warranty repairs and ensures claims are processed and forwarded to supplier.
- Manage fleet breakdowns by ensuring scheduled service is performed on all assets as outlined in preventative maintenance program.
- Reviews the maintenance operation to minimize unplanned downtime, solves problems in a timely manner and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Minimize fleet breakdowns by ensuring that scheduled service is performed on all assets as outlined in preventative maintenance program.
- Post-Secondary education with a specialization in Maintenance.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role.
- 5+ years’ experience in a dealership or heavy equipment; tractor/trailer maintenance environment.
- Exceptional leadership, mentoring, and communication capabilities.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.