About our Client: Our client is a large and growing construction company in Ottawa. They are looking for a Project Manager with over 5 years of experience working on complex construction.
Position Scope: You will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules, and scope for a demanding set of projects and clients.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintains, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Requirements:
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, or related discipline an asset.
- 5+ years of related work experience as a Project Manager on diverse building construction projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand, and interpret stakeholder needs.
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short- and long-term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.