Our client is nation-wide leader in the industrial space and is looking to expand by adding a Management Trainee to their Ottawa office. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is driven by performance and hungry to develop their career within this company.
As a Management Trainee, you will progress through a 5 phased program to learn every aspect of our business from shipping and receiving to sales, operations, purchasing, account management and everything in between.
Additional duties will include:
- Phase 1 – Warehouse Logistics – Learn the products we sell, how they get from the vendor to the customer and understand all levels of sales support.
- Phase 2 – Operations – Get involved in our customer service, counter sales, order management, inventory and pricing controls, credit management, financial statements, and much more.
- Phase 3 – Inside Sales/Project Management – Go from helping customers with various product and service issues to managing large-scale projects.
- Phase 4 – Outside Sales/Account Management – Learn how to find new business opportunities, sell our products, negotiate contracts, and build customer and vendor relationships.
- Phase 5 – In this phase, you can take all of your training and determine your ideal career path.
- Provide exceptional customer service to the contractors including handling customer calls & inquiries, providing quotations and offering technical support.
- Process customer orders to completion including pricing, substitutions (if required) and sourcing additional information.
- Maintain existing accounts and build/strengthen customer relationships by evaluating customer’s needs and being the value-added solution provider.
- Actively engage with customers at our client’s events, trade shows and other industry activities.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and provide prompt, professional conflict resolution.
- Support the outside sales team.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- College and/or University degree.
- Positive attitude and results oriented mindset.
- Desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please forward resumes to Kyle Provost at Summit Search Group [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.