Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has been retained by True North Foods on the recruitment of their next Maintenance Manager. True North Foods is proud to operate the only federally certified beef processing facility in the province of Manitoba. Locally owned and operated, the plant was built for Manitobans by Manitobans. They have a state-of-the-art sustainability system, and an innovative plant design to provide customers with greater certainty in the safety of their product.
Reporting to the CEO, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall functionality of the plant. The ideal candidate will maintain all relevant equipment, facility upkeep, and ensure the reliability of machinery that is critical to the production process. As the Maintenance Manager, you will play a crucial role in minimizing down-time and optimizing performance for a safe working environment.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs for all production equipment, ensuring optimal functionality and longevity.
- Coordinate and perform routine inspections, troubleshooting, and repairs on production machinery, including conveyors, packaging equipment, and processing units.
- Oversee general facility maintenance, including building structures, utilities, and grounds.
- Collaborate with external contractors for specialized maintenance and repairs when necessary.
- Develop and manage the maintenance budget, ensuring cost-effective practices without compromising quality.
- Efficiently allocate resources and plan manpower to meet maintenance demands.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and industry standards.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and equipment upgrades to enhance efficiency.
- 5+ years experience in a related role.
- Proficient in preventative maintenance strategies and reliability centered maintenance.
- Supervisory level experience and proven ability to lead a team.
- Excellent leadership and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.