Submit your resume
Summit Search Group is proud to partner with a Global distributor of food products. Our client leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. With over 69,000 associates, the company operations more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. On their behalf, we seek to recruit a strategic Health & Safety Business Partner, in Cambridge Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance, the Health and Safety Business Partner, Learning & Engagement, provides positive and enthusiastic training and communications to managers, supervisors, and employees to facilitate growth and development in H&S knowledge, buy-in and culture.
- Develop and deliver EHS program training and safety communications that create ‘safety engagement’ amongst employees and site leadership teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert in health & safety standards, policies, and practices for PHMG.
- Analyze safety data and trends, new legislation, and standards to assist in developing ‘best in class’s training and communication plans.
- Conduct annual training needs analysis to ensure training calendar and eCompliance job profiles are maintained.
- Review and approve of 3rd party training providers as required to supplement internal training delivery.
- Ensure quality and consistency in the communication of PHMG health and safety programs.
- Contribute to the promotion of a healthy & safe culture through the development of psychological health and safety strategies that create buy-in and commitment to the H&S Program.
- Conduct new hire orientation for supervisors, managers, and new H&S Administrators as it relates to H&S program responsibilities and software applications.
- Post-Secondary education diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (CSRP an asset).
- 3+ years of Health and Safety work experience and knowledge of Federal OHS Legislation.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of key health and safety topics including ergonomics and mental health.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build relationships, credibility, and to be able to influence others to embrace change.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.