Glacier FarmMedia is Canada’s leading provider of agricultural information. We serve the Canadian grower and agricultural industry with digital media, listings, publications, events, conferences, applied research and weather and commodities data and insights. Our well-known brands include The Western Producer, Alberta Farmer Express, Manitoba Co-Operator, Country Guide, Farmtario, Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, Ag in Motion, AgDealer, Global Auction Guide, MarketsFarm, METOS Canada and Weather Innovations. Glacier FarmMedia is a division of Glacier Media Group.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and working closely with Glacier Media’s Corporate Director of Finance, Business Information, you are a key member of the Finance Division.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the company’s accounting functions, as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to top management. The Controller also maintains the company’s accounting systems and implements changes as required.
Responsibilities to include:
- Manage and oversee month end process for financials statements, accounts receivable, and general account.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly divisional financial statements.
- Responsible for preparing monthly commentary on the financial results including variance analysis, key metrics, and etc.
- Review month end balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of transaction.
- Prepare reports as required by other members of the executive team for the planning, control and evaluation of business operation.
- Develop, manage and guide the finance team of 7 direct reports.
What you Bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Finance, Commerce and/or related disciplines
- CPA designation
- Experience in private practice or within industry
- Full Cycle accounting experience
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting would be desirable, as well as having advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical abilities
To learn more about this opportunity, or to receive the full job description, please contact Gail Eckert at [email protected] or call 204-981-9839
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.