Submit your resume
Business Development Manager, Central & Eastern Canada
Time to take your exceptional sales and entrepreneurial skills into an exciting company! On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Business Development Manager based in Toronto. The Business Development Manager is responsible for overseeing existing and potential new clients in their portion of the Central and Eastern Canada territory to drive sales and growth of the business. The Business Development Manager is goal oriented, client driven, and uses their excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and create strong business relationships.
- Strategically manage a large region, which will require regular travel including up to 5-7 days in a hotel each month.
- Set regional goals and develop action plans to meet growth objectives.
- Work closely with Territory Managers to create a collaborative approach to building business.
- Negotiate pricing effectively while balancing a variety of conflicting interests.
- Introduce new products and detail existing products with confidence.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with customers.
- Follow up on customer inquiries quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintain sample inventory in good condition and track its movement accurately.
- Educate oneself on material pertaining to the position, products, and industry.
- Manage expenses appropriately making an effort to reduce extraneous costs.
- Conduct oneself and represent the organization ethically and professionally at all times.
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience, with surgical sales experience and ophthalmology expertise an asset.
- Comfort with clinical/technical products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual/French an asset).
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a focus on customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.