Recognized as an industry leader, our client is a Canadian-owned company with retail operations from coast to coast. Summit Search Group is proud to be supporting their efforts to recruit a Vice President Supply Chain, based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
As part of the executive team, the Vice President Supply Chain will deliver operational capacity and resources; meeting current and future needs to ensure all financial and sales objectives are achieved.
- Develop and implement Transportation and Distribution strategies to ensure resources, processes and capabilities exist to meet both the Supply Chain and overall corporate objectives.
- Establish and maintain an open and transparent relationship with retail stakeholders to understand service and operational requirements
- Oversee the execution of Canadian and International Transport operations, ensuring service/cost/capacity targets are achieved for both forward and reverse logistics.
- Ensure that all Transport operations execute in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, regulatory, and safety objectives.
- Identify, prospect, qualify, and negotiate agreements with the carrier and transload community. Create and ensure that Carrier and transload standard operating agreements and metrics are in place.
- Oversee the freight and duty components of cost of goods and ensure these are updated and communicated to critical stakeholders.
- Facilitate stakeholders’ understanding of opportunities to reduce Cost of Goods by providing more efficient transportation alternatives and assisting in the negotiation of vendor freight terms.
- Oversee the execution of Distribution operations, safety, and security of assets at all distribution facilities, ensuring service/cost/capacity and safety targets are achieved
The ideal candidate is a passionate and entrepreneurial leader, bringing 10 years of senior level experience and a background in supply chain or logistics. Your academic background would include post secondary education with a focus on business, supply chain or economics. You are a skilled problem solver with heightened analytical skills and a knowledge of supply chain and the flow of goods. You have a demonstrated business acumen with and understanding of business priorities, challenges and direction to drive change and desired outcomes through a robust communications strategy.
To apply or to receive more information, please contact Gail Eckert, Director Recruitment with Summit Search Group at [email protected] or call 204-981-9839