Submit your resume
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg has been at the heart of Winnipeg for over 140 years as they help people of all backgrounds, ages and abilities live engaging, more rewarding lives. As an inclusive and charitable organization, they are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens, young adults, families and seniors as they promote healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility and community. The Y Winnipeg is proud to provide a safe and welcoming place where people can connect with each other and engage in activities that improve their lives and help them achieve their goals. Through staff and the generous support of volunteers and donors alike, they support and give back to the communities they serve.
Summit Search Group has partnered with the Winnipeg chapter of this internationally and nationally recognized non-profit organization to recruit their next Vice President, Philanthropy, Engagement & Impact. The Vice President, Philanthropy, Engagement & Impact serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the organization. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for all fundraising, alumni relations, marketing, branding and communication and development of community/corporate/government engagement activities, including annual giving campaigns, capital campaigns, volunteerism, and engagement groups. This inspiring individual will work with other senior leaders and staff to develop and implement a multifaceted brand strategy to define and foster audience engagement and build donor relations. This is an opportunity to demonstrate the overall community impact of this organization.
The ideal candidate should feel comfortable building a growth strategy and have experience leading the implementation of an organizations overall impact and engagement initiatives. You are someone who thrives on providing strategic guidance and oversight through engagement programs, projects and activities, and using analytic driven data to assess areas for strategic improvement. If you believe you are a creative leader with a passion for fostering relationships, developing marketing and communication campaigns, and are ready to transform the community presence of this organization, then we want to hear from you!
Strategy & Implementation:
- Lead the organization Community Impact team and initiatives across Winnipeg to generate revenue through fundraising and investments that will assist the organization in its ability to address emerging social problems.
- Lead the organization in data driven decision making both for fundraising and broader community impact.
- Develop and execute a cohesive branding strategy and marketing communications plans including advertising, marketing and promotional materials, utilizing online web development and social media platforms.
- Align the Community Impact team and Communications, Marketing, and other related teams around new strategies and innovative approaches to strengthen and accelerate overall impact.
- Ensure brand consistency and create content rich publications including the Annual Report, marketing materials, media briefings, letterhead, brochures etc. for production in both print and digital formats.
- Manage government relations as it relates to funding, reporting, and recommendations.
Community Relations & Engagement:
- Leverage sponsorship and advertising opportunities to achieve maximum exposure and grow brand awareness.
- Represent the organization with various professional organizations such as public relations/marketing and other related partnerships.
- Be an external presence, representing the organization and strengthening relationships with diverse community stakeholders and alumni to advance initiatives, partnerships and increase investments.
- Identify, initiate and develop new strategies for partnerships for fundraising on an annual basis, providing significant and measurable reach and engagement opportunities.
- Regularly attend local meetings to gain perspective on community issues and needs.
- Develop new productive partnerships with external organizations such as community-based, non-profits, schools, day programs, cultural institutions and universities.
- Develop new approaches to revenue generation such as impact investing.
Marketing & Communications:
- In coordination with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, be a key leader in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery and management of the organization’s brand through marketing and communications activities.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate marketing and communications staff to ensure that the highest standards of excellence are maintained.
- Act as a mentor and provide professional development opportunities for others to learn and grow.
- Respond to general inquiries and efforts to public media organizations to promote engagement across different community levels.
- Senior leadership experience in fundraising (generating revenue through various campaigns) and demonstrated community engagement and relationships that provide organizational impact.
- Experience working with external organizations such as foundations, municipal, provincial, and federal government agencies.
- Exceptional people leadership skills with the ability to inspire teamwork and impact through results.
- Success in challenging and transforming systems and structures to facilitate impacted leadership goals.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals by developing and implementing strategies, tactics, and moving towards progress via measurable benchmarks.
- Professional and/or personal experience in advocacy and public policy efforts.
- Proven skills, knowledge and expertise in deigns and execution of branding with an emphasis on marketing, communications and public activities.
- Experience building and preparing reports based on analytical findings to support organizational decisions.
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline would be considered an asset.
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.