Submit your resume
Our client is a leading supplier of truck and trailer parts and equipment, serving customers across Canada. They are looking for a full-time Territory Sales Manager to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Territory Sales Manager will oversee sales activities for the company in the Eastern & Northern Ontario markets, striving to drive results within the territory which includes wholesale locations. They will work with other departments to contribute to successful performance. This position involves most of the time spent on the road as well as working from home. With significant understanding of business operations, the Territory Sales Manager is an important member of the strategic and annual planning team for the specified area. In addition, this position is responsible for the growth of the territory through support of business development opportunities in existing and emerging markets. Analysis, development, and deployment of initiatives in the assigned territory are required.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- This position is responsible for the management of wholesale customers within a specific geographic territory.
- Calling on upper management of wholesale businesses promoting company parts and service offering.
- Responsible for forecasting and tracking sales goals and objectives.
- Identify and targeting new potential customers for the company’s affiliate program.
- Recommending and coordinating product training to customers with the assistance of the Sales Manager, Vendors, and Product Manager.
- Recommending assistance and coordinating with company management & vendors.
- Reporting to the sales manager information gained from the territory, regarding competition activity, pricing, potential new customers, etc.
- Supporting the implementation of approved corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of truck and parts sales experience.
- Heavy duty industry experience is required.
- Education in a business-related field or equivalent with industry-related sales experience.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow with attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong inter-personal skills and proven abilities to be a team player, working in cross-functional teams and levels of the organization.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.