Submit your resume
Technical Support Specialist – Coolants
Our client, a global leader in formulating, producing, contract packaging and wholesale distribution of transportation fluids, is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join their team in Edmonton.
- Address customer technical needs through customer engagement. Plan, arrange, execute, monitor, record and report field testing of fluids. Utilise such field trials for validation of product in the field, as proof of performance of product and for OEM approvals
- Address customer inquiries on product applications, troubleshooting, technical solutions and product benefits
- Engage with internal and external customers to understand their needs and be the conduit to the performance teams on industry technical needs/trends.
- Ensure that customer inquiries are properly understood and addressed, and customer samples are properly tested, and their results interpreted
- Assist Sales and commercial team to acquire both OEM and aftermarket new business and maintain existing business by providing the right level of technical support.
- Ability to develop and deliver concise, effective and creative presentations to internal and external customers at all job levels.
- BSc in Chemistry/Metallurgy or Chemical/Metallurgy/Mechanical Engineering or CET is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in technical service/product support role and project management. Strong strategic understanding and ability to align customer and business with technical strategies.
- Good working knowledge of engines and their thermal management systems.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and SMART goal setting
- Ability to educate both technical and non-technical personnel on new technologies, fluid products chemistries and applications
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 60%-role includes local and international travel
Remuneration for this role is a base salary of 90-105K plus bonus, a great benefit package, and unlimited growth potential!