About our Client: Our client is well established and high growth perishable products organization.
Position Scope: This is a newly created role open to due growth of our client’s organization. This position will work hand in hand with Category Managers and the executive management team specifically in providing support within the procurement process. This role will be the liaison between the sales team, procurement, logistics and vendors across Canada, the US and Mexico.
Please note, this is an in office position with COVID-19 protocols in place. The hours for this role are Monday to Friday from 7am to 3pm
- Communicate with growers to determine product cost and availability
- Communicate with logistics to ensure timely loading and delivery of product
- Booking and confirming product in advance
- Issuing purchase orders to growers
- Working with internal accounting team to process invoices
- Acquire a thorough understanding of clients’ needs and requirements
- Develop trust relationships with major clients and vendors
- Act as the link of communication between clients, vendors and internal teams
- Provide support to the Category Manager and executive management team
- Take initiative to follow-up on concerns and take action to provide resolution when possible
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes as required
- Prepare and maintain reports in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties relevant to the position will be assigned as required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Excel skills – ability to use formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to multitask and assist with coordinating concurrent tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Effective at communicating with all levels of management within the business
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- University degree within business or a related field is required
- 3+ years of supply chain/procurement or administrative experience
- Proficiency in Spanish would be an asset
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.