Submit your resume
Our client is a successful family-owned home furnishings store, aiming to turn their client’s home design dreams into reality by offering a complete line of high-quality furnishings as well as furniture customization. They are looking for a full-time Store Manager to join their team based in Perth, Ontario.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the store while building and maintaining strong relationships with both staff and clients alike, with the continued future success of the organization in mind.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Creating weekly and monthly staffing schedules for Designer and Delivery staff, and daily/weekly/monthly/annual store maintenance schedules
- Handling customer service-related issues and quality control of items that have been delivered and that are being prepped for delivery
- Overseeing the overall traffic flow of clients and ensuring equal opportunities for each of the Designer’s success
- Overseeing accurate data entry into POS system and ensuring sign off with the business office on a regular basis
- Conducting bi-weekly meetings with the team regarding product launches, customer service issues, product knowledge and day-to-day challenges for productive discussion and problem solving
- Managing and overseeing success with referrals through the website or the various social media platforms
- Ensuring store and Designer success through the organization’s selling system to ensure consistent and thorough processes are in place for closing the sale and ensuring a long-term relationship with the clients
- Overseeing and managing adequate and realistic inventory loads
- Meeting with representatives from the various vendors related to purchasing, quality control and ordering within the restrictions of inventory loads, and fit within the retail pricing strategy
- Costing/pricing of the inventory loads to ensure proper margin is in place for the store/designer success, while ensuring the store remains competitive within the industry and competitors
- Handling year-end inventory and adjustments to ensure proper information is relayed to accounting for accurate statistics to evaluate the annual success of the store and reviewing current inventory levels at year-end.
- Advertising and interviewing for vacant positions for the Designers or delivery staff
- Coaching and mentoring on a daily/monthly/quarterly basis, through discussion and the one-on-one process
- Providing the Designers with the tools that are in place, or recognizing gaps in tools for success of each of the Designers
- Setting realistic selling goals for both the store and each Designer on a quarterly basis and providing incentives for each of the Designer’s ongoing success
- Managing the monthly/quarterly/annual scheduling of promotional events at the store to ensure consistent traffic throughout the year
- Analyzing the success or failure of various promotions throughout the year
- Meeting with /communicating with various creative talent on the messaging and specifics related to advertising and promotions
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supervising or managing a team
- A minimum of 5-10 years of customer service or sales experience within a retail environment
- Demonstrated relationship building skills and the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Office products and basic modern technology
- The ability to work under pressure, to take initiative and to manage time effectively
- A basic understanding of finances in relation to a store environment
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Ottawa, ON
RemunerationCompetetive compensation package, benefits
- Ottawa, ON