Submit your resume
About Our Client: As Canada’s sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is “Leading Today for Tomorrow” by focusing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan, delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
Make your move to the City of Mississauga and come be part of something BIG!
Reporting to the Manager, HR Management Systems (HRMS), this role is dedicated to implementing, optimizing and maintaining a collection of enterprise-wide HR systems and technologies. Working collaboratively with HR Centres of Expertise (COEs) and various stakeholders across the organization, the Specialist will manage these systems that support critical business processes, the HR People Strategy and the HR Technology Roadmap. This role is responsible maintaining the integrity of various systems, partnering with HR COEs and stakeholders to gather requirements and explore various solutions, leading the implementation of enhancements and new systems, continuous improvement initiatives and supporting change management efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and/or support the implementation of HR systems and technology.
- Manage day-to-day system operations and provide on-going support in partnership with IT (overtime may be required). Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and/or provide solutions to end users. Responsible for ensuring that stakeholders are kept informed and that issues are escalated appropriately.
- Manage complex system configuration and permission administration. Assist with inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations as well as new integrations. Assess system stability and data integrity, and develop initiatives to establish consistency and optimum use of systems.
- Oversee regular occurring releases and updates, ensuring they have been reviewed, tested and accurately applied on a timely basis.
- Research, analyze and recommend functionality and new innovation for existing HR systems, specifically SAP SuccessFactors, to improve system use, support business processes and/or fill business gaps. Develop and execute a project plan for implementation, in partnership with HR COEs, IT, Payroll or Finance as necessary.
- Identify business requirements and develop business cases for new systems/solutions; conduct business reviews, system assessments and business process design.
- Collaborate with HR COEs to develop workforce metrics and analytics; including creation of dashboards, reports, canvases, stories.
- Suggest improvements to existing processes with supporting data, and through development and analysis of process maps. Seek to increase efficiencies and streamline processes through automation.
- Design, prepare and accurately maintain technical specifications, configuration workbooks, test scripts and training documentation. Provide training to key HR and IT partners as required.
- Support HR technology related communication and change management efforts.
- Maintain and upgrade skills in relation to existing and new systems. Understand industry standards and best practices, and share knowledge with HR COEs. Adhere to relevant City policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources/Information Technology experience.
- Systems administrator experience in a cloud-based HR Information System (HRIS). SAP SuccessFactors and SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) are an asset (other solutions will be considered).
- SAP SuccessFactors and/or SAP HCM on-premise implementation/configuration experience is an asset.
- SAP SuccessFactors certification in any of the following, Employee Central, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance, Goals, Presentations, Career Development Planning, Succession, Platform, Learning and/or Compensation, are considered an asset.
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Post-secondary education in the field of Human Resources Management, Business, Information Technology or in a related discipline.
- Ability to plan, lead and manage several projects from inception to implementation. Understanding of Project Management methodology.
- In depth knowledge of HR policies, procedures and administrative functions. Strong technical and functional knowledge of core HR business processes and practices and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Robust analytical, reporting and data problem solving skills.
- Understanding and application of agile, lean and continuous improvement practices. Sound knowledge of business process design and mapping.
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of change management principles and methodology.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send a resume in confidence directly to Aman Sodi at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.