Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has partnered with a Kamloops based construction company to find a Site Superintendent. Our client has been in business since 1983 and specializes in building industrial projects including bridge rehabilitation, concrete work, and formwork.
This role will be based on site in Kamloops. This is a seasonal role with December-February off, and working hours will generally be 7 days/week, 10 hour shifts and eligible for overtime (there will be downtime and days where you only need to be on site 2-3 hours/day).
Role & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains open communication with crews, trades, project team and clients
- Prepares weekly work plans and scheduling including \ determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Manages materials including some purchasing
- Understands project scope and construction documentation
- Leads site meetings with employees and stakeholders
- Supervises and provides direction to employees and subcontractors and oversees on-site construction activities to construct the project effectively, safely and within budget
- Implements and supports the site safety program
- Schedule and lead weekly/daily safety meetings
- Maintains project administration activities including documentation (timesheets, QC, etc)
- Develops strong relationships with all project stakeholders
- Prepare and report project progress on a weekly basis
- Trains, supervises, and mentors personnel
- Performs other duties as required
- Must work outdoors in different weather conditions and on varying terrain
- Ability to work out of town (motel accommodations)
- Typical schedule during projects includes 10-hour days, 7 days a week
- Days off are typically during concrete pour curing, between jobs, over winter, and we’re flexible with requested time off.
- Periodic night work
- Exposure to concrete dust, specialized PPE is provided
- Must be capable of physical movements needed to accomplish tasks
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- The proponent would be the on-site lead on the newly won Halston Bridge project starting summer 2023 and ending summer 2024.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience as a Site Superintendent.
- 3 additional years of experience as a Foreman or Lead Hand
- Ability to use email, Microsoft Excel, and scheduling software
- Previous experience on Ministry of Transportation projects
- Previous bridge structure or concrete construction/demolition experience
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental procedures and legislation
- Positive and motivated attitude
- Valid drivers’ licence
- Carpenter ticket considered an asset
- $45-$55/hour + overtime (there may be flexibility to go higher depending on experience)
- Medical and dental benefits
- Training and schooling opportunities, especially during winter downtown
- Opportunities to work part time during the winter months
To apply, please submit your resume to this posting or email it directly to [email protected]. Please note only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Kamloops, BC
- Kamloops, BC