Submit your resume
About Our Client:
Our client is a financial services company.
The Accounting & Financial Reporting team plays a critical role in the financial reporting of the organization’s financial statements, the development and implementation of accounting and financial policy guidelines, and the support of investment initiatives and structures.
Reporting to the Controller, IPP, the Senior Property Accountant will assist with the accounting, reporting and day to day operations of the organization’s properties under management.
This position will collaborate with various teams and work closely with Acquisitions and Development, Property Management, Legal, and Accounting to ensure they apply best practices and methodologies in accounting and financial reporting.
The successful candidate must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess solid knowledge of full cycle accounting, financial reporting with exposure to IFRS and have experience with Yardi.
- Prepare and review monthly property packages and forecasts for accuracy, consistency, and completeness – includes preparing detail variance analyses of balance sheet, revenue and expense accounts
- Process accruals of POs, utilities, contract and non-contract expenses
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed
- Prepare month-end journal entries, accruals, realty taxes, management fee calculations, etc.
- Calculate properties ratios and KPIs
- Prepare monthly rent billings and electronic pre-authorized rent payment transfers, analyze outstanding arrears reports
- Reconcile multiple properties bank accounts, maintain the G/L and working paper files for all properties, prepare management accounts and working papers files
- Book journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity such as expenses and payables as well as revenues and receivables
- Help with the preparation of annual budgets for properties by preparing supporting schedules, variance analysis and coordinating with other departments
- Prepare aging for Accounts payable and receivable and calculate allowance for doubtful accounts
- Interpret business results to put them into the appropriate context for others to act upon
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Financial Statements
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit working papers and liaise with external auditors
- Review and generate monthly billings
- Prepare HST remittance for each property
- Exercise the highest level of discretion regarding release of very confidential information
- Ad hoc responsibilities as required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
- Strong collaboration and customer service – approachable and supportive of internal and external customers and take pride in your work, while striving for success
- Goal and results-oriented – reliable and can be counted on to meet and exceed goals, and steadfastly move self and others towards results – advocate of change, generator of new and improved ideas, creative problem-solving and take initiative
- Analytical and forward-thinking – tackle problems by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach, anticipating problems and contingency plans
Education and Experience:
- CPA designation
- 3-5 years related experience in a real estate or property management environment with full cycle accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting requirements, budget planning, forecasting and GAAP
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of legal documentation
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.