Submit your resume
Our client is a specialized development and project management firm with over 35 years of experience in both the public and private sectors, with a focus on complex infrastructure and real estate development projects. The firm has worked on several of the most iconic development projects in the National Capital region. They are looking for a full-time Senior Project Controls Manager to join their Ottawa, Ontario team.
As the Senior Project Controls Manager, you will be responsible for leading the continued development and the maintenance of a comprehensive and long-term schedule and risk management processes for the organization’s new development project, and other projects as assigned. You will be responsible to identify resource requirements to supplement your responsibilities, as required, and lead your team forward.
You will lead, and ensure, the participation of cross-functional teams and stakeholders in developing and maintaining a detailed master project schedule and risk management process, while implementing proper review and communication procedures with the project team. This team will include clients, planners, engineers, architects, constructors, government officials and many more. In addition, you will be expected to identify, evaluate, and rectify schedule and project risks as the project progresses, working with the team to exploit positive risks, and mitigate negative risks.
With excellent technical, organization and prioritization skills, you will lead the project schedule and risk management processes, creating and organizing the necessary tools to ensure project control success from concept through design and into construction with the final step being operational turnover to the client.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Schedule Management: Developing, creating, and maintaining detailed project schedules including all stages and aspects of real estate development.
- Risk Management: Continuously developing the Risk Management Plan with all required stakeholders, while implementing and maintaining the Risk Management Plan (i.e. Risk Register, etc.).
- Communication: Coordinating and leading required communications with internal and external project team members to develop and maintain the project schedule and risk related controls as required, ensuring all team members understand expectations to maintain the project schedule, and necessary risk procedures.
- Analyzing: Analyzing positive and negative risks against the schedule. Analyzing the critical path, and scheduling scenarios as presented to and requested from you.
- Leadership: As required and approved internally, developing, leading and managing internal controls team members to support the successful schedule and risk management deliverables.
- Managing Relationships: Developing and maintaining, at all times, excellent relationships with all clients and stakeholders, as well as project team members.
- Document Control: Maintaining project files, data and indexing on project cloud storage sites for projects as assigned to ensure all information is always easily accessible and up to date.
- Other Duties: Our client’s organization is a ‘all hands-on deck’ type of workplace, this means other duties, outside those typically associated with the job title, will be required to ensure success.
- 5+ years of experience in a project controls or similar role
- A post-secondary background in a Business, Construction, and/or Engineering field related to real estate development, or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Proficiency with scheduling software, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite software platforms
- Ability to identify problems and possible solutions
- Ability to work independently and / or as part of a team as required
- Client-oriented approach / focus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance and
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.