Submit your resume
Our client is a specialty manufacturer within the construction industry. Due to significant growth, they have an immediate need for a Senior Operations Manager for their South Edmonton operation.
The position of Senior Operations Manager is a key member of the operations team, reporting directly to the Director of Operations. The Senior Operations Manager will have a sharp business mind and proven success in managing multiple departments for maximum productivity. Highly skilled in human resources, finance, and IT management, and able to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within the operations team.
- Oversee manufacturing operations and shop production teams across multiple locations
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- Maintain constant communication with managers, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the company
- Develop, implement and maintain organization-wide operations safety, regulatory compliance, quality assurance and cost control policies
- Monitor production metrics, respond to and resolve problems, and recommend process improvements, new technologies, and methods to maximize operational efficiency.
- Increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the company’s internal capacity following Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate with leaders to manage and resolve workforce or labour issues and develop long-term solutions
- Track staffing requirements and work with Human Resources to hire new employees as needed
- Implement long-term plans for facilities, equipment, materials, technology, and workforce resources to maintain manufacturing capacity and processes that support business goals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Oversee materials and inventory
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management.
Requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of proven success in an operations Management role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong skills in budget development and oversight
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organization control of branch operations and customer service
- Full knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Proficiency in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Knowledge of business productivity software and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Experience working in ERP systems
- Strong IT skills, including database development
- Multiple years of financial and account reporting experience
- Edmonton, AB
RemunerationRemuneration for this position will consists of a Base salary between $130-140K commensurate upon experience in addition to a strong bonus program in addition to a full benefit package Including RRSP matching.
- Edmonton, AB