Our client, a diverse organization and innovative industry leader, is currently looking to hire a Senior Manager, Human Resources who will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units (corporate divisions).
The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects our client’s business objectives. The Senior Manager, Human Resources will play a key role in managing our client’s compensation and rewards plans in conjunction with the senior HR team. This position is also responsible to lead the planning and analysis of our client’s benefits and retirement plans for Canada and the US.
This opportunity is a full-time, 12-month contract based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The employee will follow our client’s processes and policies while providing a level of service that exceeds client expectations. This individual must be passionate about contributing positively to our client’s organization by championing their mission and values.
- Work as a strategic business partner with the Chief Financial Officer and our client’s corporate divisions.
- Execute HR functions focusing on supporting the achievement of both functional and key performance objectives for our client’s corporate divisions.
- Ensuring compliance with provincial and federal regulations and legislation pertaining to employment and labour.
- Coach senior management and leaders regarding employee relations issues.
- Manage the talent acquisition process including sourcing, interviewing, negotiation, offer, and onboarding.
- Measure KPIs pertaining to recruitment and succession planning effectiveness including turnover analysis and provide recommendations.
- Provide reports, analysis and recommendations as may be required to the CFO & VP of HR.
- Manage the planning and analysis of our client’s Canadian and US benefits and retirement plan and prepare and collaboratively implement new process and procedures where needed.
- Address key issues related to our client’s Canadian and US benefits and retirement plans and work with the third-party providers and the payroll team on solutions.
- Manage our client’s total rewards strategy.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and efficiencies within the departments this role supports working with senior management as it relates to HR.
- 7+ years’ experience as an HR Manager/Business Partner.
- Post-secondary degree /diploma in Human Resources Management.
- HR Designation CHRP is an asset.
- Broad knowledge of HR practices including total rewards, talent management, leadership development, employee relations, change management and organizational development.
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws, and policies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to problem-solve and create innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment and maintain positive, professional working relationships across the organization that support company goals both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and strategic thinking with sound decision-making, problem solving, conflict management skills, and judgement.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to work both independently and as member of a team.
- Ability to deal with and manage high-stress situations effectively.
For additional details, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected]
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.