Submit your resume
About Our Client: Our client delivers high quality interior solutions with remarkable craftsmanship, including wall, ceiling, and acoustic systems, to the industrial, commercial, and institutional sectors.
The estimator will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for construction projects. This includes gathering and analyzing data, reviewing project plans/specifications, and coordinating with project managers and subcontractors to ensure accuracy and completeness. The estimator will also be responsible for managing the bid process, including soliciting bids from subcontractors and suppliers, evaluating bids, and preparing final bid documents.
This is a customer-focused and client facing role where the estimator will be working directly with clients and general contractors.
- Gather and analyze data to prepare accurate and complete cost estimates for construction projects
- Review project plans and specifications to understand scope of work and identify potential challenges or opportunities
- Coordinate with project managers and subcontractors to ensure all necessary information is included in the estimate
- Solicit bids from subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate bids for completeness and competitiveness
- Prepare final bid documents, including cost breakdowns, subcontractor and supplier summaries, and any other required documentation
- Identify and evaluate potential risks and cost-saving opportunities
- Attend pre-bid meetings and negotiations to represent the company and discuss the bid with potential clients
- Review and update standard cost data as needed to ensure accuracy and competitiveness
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with clients, general contractors, and suppliers
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required
- Provide coaching and mentorship to less experienced estimators
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of commercial construction processes
- Proficiency with construction cost estimating software such as Plexxis, Bluebeam, On-Screen Takeoff or PlanSwift
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial drywall estimating
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction management, engineering, or a related field
- Experience in construction, manufacturing or related industries is preferred but not essential
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected] or Serena Milani at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Oakville, ON
RemunerationCompetitive compensation package
- Oakville, ON