Submit your resume
Founded in Canada almost 60 years ago, Canada Goose has grown into one of the world’s leading manufacturers of luxury apparel.
Through a team of HR professionals, the Director of Human Resources will provide overall HR support to the manufacturing facilities in Winnipeg in various areas including: labour relations, health and safety, compensation, recruitment, orientation, payroll and performance management.
- Provide expert counsel to the Winnipeg client group on all employee relations matters through coaching employees and managers on the interpretation and application of policies.
- Provide new employees within the client group a comprehensive on-boarding program to enable a smooth transition.
- Foster an environment which encourages continuous learning and growth by working in partnership with Production Managers, leaders and Individual Contributors to ensure development plans are appropriate, implemented and completed.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs to facilitate consistency and equity across all teams; provide regulatory and policy advice on workforce related matters.
- Understand, interpret and ensure compliance with all relevant employment legislative requirements including Human Rights Act, Employment Equity Act, Employment Standards Act, Workers Compensation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc. as they apply to the regions covered.
- Support health and safety programs to ensure a safe and secure work environment through industry best practices, effective disability claims management, strong working relationships with key stakeholders, and knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Provide expertise and support on performance management concerns through fair and consistent application of appropriate disciplinary procedures and/or legal requirements.
- Drive recruitment efforts within the client group for all local roles.
- Build & maintain agency partnerships to create pipelines of candidates, both locally and provincially.
The ideal candidate is a passionate HR professional with a post-secondary education in a related field, coupled with 5+ years of experience in a unionized manufacturing environment. Your strong people leadership and understanding of employment/ labour standards, Human Rights legislation, and HR best practices are what support you in creating organizational effectiveness. You are a skilled influencer and negotiator and have the proven abilities to connect systems, processes and individuals to facilitate change.
To receive the full job description or to apply, please contact Gail Eckert, Director Recruitment with Summit Search Group at [email protected]