Summit Search Group has partnered with a national award-winning and industry-leading Managing General Agent (MGA) to find a new Senior Commercial Underwriter to join their growing team. Our client has locations throughout Canada. They serve a broad range of specialty and niche product insurance markets, offering one of the most comprehensive product lines. They work with a number of the world’s largest insurers to act on their behalf. This opportunity is on their Winnipeg team, and will report into the Vice-President and will work with all offices across Canada.
- Assess and evaluate risks and apply effective pricing, underwriting, and marketing of business.
- Maintain & grow existing book of business.
- Develop out new broker relationships, clients and Insurers.
- Act as a leader in the organization, mentor other members on the team.
- Develop and maintain positive business partnerships with Brokers, Clients and Insurers.
- Provide input into the analysis of Broker portfolios and make recommendations where needed.
- 5+ years of Commercial Underwriting or Commercial Marketing experience.
- Level 2 General Insurance License, or full CAIB, CIP, CRM, and FCIP designation.
- Eye for detail to handle new business quotes with a high level of accuracy.
- Positive, driven attitude, as well as self-motivated.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships
Explore This Opportunity:
Our client offers a positive and virtual work environment (work from home permanently), and they offer competitive salary, benefits, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, and a bonus for performance-driven professionals in industry. This is a Monday – Friday opportunity during regular business hours.
If you are looking to join an MGA that celebrates your success, and offers a flexible work environment, let’s connect today! Please contact Jessica Willis at Summit Search Group at [email protected] for more information or to apply today.
Jessica Willis is an Executive and Professional Recruitment Consultant, specializing in Insurance with Summit Search Group. Jessica has partnered with a variety of Insurance organizations in Manitoba and Saskatchewan in the successful placement of top talent. If you are looking for a new opportunity as an Insurance professional as an Executive, Leader, Personal Lines Broker, Commercial Producer, Commercial Marketing Broker, Commercial Underwriter or a position in Claims Management, please do connect. Jessica can be reached at [email protected]