Submit your resume
Our client is a full services CPA firm performing tax, audits, reviews, NTR and other assignments throughout the Ottawa area. They are looking for an individual to make a difference on their team. They are seeking a full-time Accountant to join their team. The firm is based in Smiths Falls, Ontario but the individual can reside in Ottawa and the surrounding area.
This position is fully remote. Our client is seeking a key person to assume full responsibility for a large group of accounts as a hands-on participant and to provide assistance to a small staff. In addition, the successful candidate will perform review and NTR assignments, as well as participate actively in the review and preparation of personal and corporate tax returns and other challenges as they arise. Prompt advancement and/or an equity interest may be available to the right candidate.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Perform full-cycle accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow, and bank reconciliation.
- Managing and reviewing small audit and review engagements and assisting in the preparation and management of larger audit and review engagements.
- Meeting with clients to review financial statements.
- Preparing and reviewing personal and corporate tax returns.
- Managing deadlines to ensure all filing and reporting requirements are met.
- Assisting in the training and mentoring of staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education required.
- CPA designation.
- 2 to 5 years experience in a public accounting firm.
- Strong accounting, tax, and auditing skills.
- Experience with Caseware, Caseview, and TaxPrep as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks is considered an asset.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, quick thinker.
- Positive attitude with fine attention to details and good organization.
- Client-focused individual.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please send a resume to Melissa Krakana at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.