Submit your resume
Our client is a Calgary based organization focused on the development of energy distribution terminals in North America.
They are actively looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Accountant based in Calgary, Alberta reporting to the President.
The Midstream Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring productivity, accuracy, and compliance of the midstream accounting activities. Responsible for all day-to-day accounting functions of the company, including general ledger maintenance, revenue recognition, intercompany billings, internal management reporting in providing working papers for audit and external reporting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all accounting related activities in Calgary – systems, processes, and execution
- Works with other groups to develop budgets – corporate, divisions, teams etc.
- Oversees financial reporting and auditing
- Manages company cash, debit, and credit line activities
- Performs/works with others to do business analysis
- Prepares/ works with others on AFE and their justification
- Investigates budget variances
- Ensures adherence to systems – purchasing, sales, expenses, etc.
- Prepares reports and studies for business decisions
- Reviews contracts and aids in evaluating them
- Credit risks, credit approvals and risk management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) ideal or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience ideally in midstream oil and gas
- Experience building accounting systems and processes and creating structure
- Ability to be able to travel at times for business