Submit your resume
Our client provides customers with high-quality wire and cable products at the best value possible. As one of Canada’s largest distributors for over 40 years, they have built a reputation for going to great lengths for their customers. They supply solutions for a variety of different markets in residential, commercial, industrial and emerging green markets such as wind farms, solar energy, hydroelectric, water and waste treatments.
Why Join them?
- You will be joining a market leader with over 40 years of experience to help you elevate your potential.
- You will be working for the world’s #1 privately held business-to-business distributor of electrical products and related solutions.
- Be part of an ISO-certified company with a strong quality assurance program and new technologies which help you perform at your best.
- Attractive compensation with benefits and “other perks” such as tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral provides the opportunity to earn more while you work by referring one of the best you know.
- In-depth process and product training provided by a mentoring approach, product knowledge sessions hosted by the Product Manager and lunch and learn meetings.
- They house the largest inventory to better serve their customers and deliver on sales commitments.
- Contacting current customers (via email and phone) and identifying new products and potential up-selling.
- Responding to and processing incoming calls and orders.
- Opening new accounts.
- Developing customer base and sales lead by making cold and warm calls.
- Entering orders into the system.
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products.
- Providing pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes.
- Returns – as required.
- Providing technical support on products.
- Provide quotations and product information.
- Troubleshooting [freight problems, expediting, etc…].
- Responding to inquiries.
- Identify, develop and close business opportunities.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of sales experience.
- A background in selling industrial and commercial products is an asset. Product knowledge or industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of solution selling vs. price.
- The role includes a strong understanding of sales margins, product sourcing, pricing and negotiations.
- The candidate must show progressive sales accomplishments.
- Strong business acumen and professional approach to offering effective services and solutions.
- Post-Secondary courses in Sales and/or Marketing preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- CRM experience preferred.
- Strong base salary (60-65K) and uncapped commission (10-15K in year 1 and 20-30K in year 2)
- RRSP matching and tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the criteria and live in the Lower Mainland will be contacted.