Our client, a leader in the transportation industry has been family owned and operated since 1978. As they approach 4 decades of service, they have grown to be in Canada’s TOP 25 for Hire Carriers. Our client attributes their success to building a dedicated team, running a quality operation, and retaining the loyalty and support of their valued customers.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Sales Executive looking to drive business results by supporting, coordinating, and managing a growth territory in Western Canada, based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Successful candidates must have an understanding of the consulting and solution selling space, understand how to manage the sales process from lead qualification to opportunity completion, have the ability to form and grow relationships and personal networks, and be passionate about growing a brand in a new territory. The role will require independence, the ability to self manage, continuous learning and the ability to work remotely.
- Develop and maintain FTL business throughout Western Canada.
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling.
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business.
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers.
- Use both traditional and electronic communication tools to make contact with prospective, current, and former customers.
- Identify business opportunities for company services.
- Create quotes and sales proposals for company services.
- Independently generate new sales revenue.
- Collaborate with your team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing.
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating systems.
- A minimum of 3 years of logistics/freight brokerage sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but could substitute with experience and outstanding sales results.
- Proven track records in generating profitable revenue growth and retaining existing customers.
Skills and Expertise:
- Entrepreneurial attitude, competitive and confident personality.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to sales & service issues.
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle negotiations.
- Must be adaptable to changing needs of clients.
- Effective follow-up skills in-depth knowledge of the company’s product and services.
What they offer:
- Competitive salary and commission.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Comprehensive benefits plan.
To learn more about this opportunity, or submit a resume, please contact Matt Erhard at [email protected]