Submit your resume
Since 1954, our client has been a leader within the agricultural wholesale and retail industry with manufacturing facilities in both Spruce Grove, Alberta and Winnipeg Manitoba. Their products are sold in all retail chains across Canada.
We are currently in an active search for a Retail Store Manager; to join our store’s team located in Spruce Grove, AB. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Retail Store Manager will be accountable for the efficiency, reputation and profitability of the retail store and will ensure that the member and customer experience is exceptional with a reputation of outstanding knowledge and service. This position will also be responsible for the administration of daily store operations, leading and supporting the retail team in order to drive revenue growth, increase productivity and promote a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service by modeling behaviors that create a positive customer experience
- Develops and executes programs and strategies that meet customer/member needs and demands
- Oversees and supervises tasks, including daily cash out, phone orders, counter sales, pickup, shipping lists, general filing, and holding staff accountable for cash box deficits
- Ensures all company policies, store standards and procedures are maintained and followed in a consistent manner by retail staff
- Contribute toward store profitability by seeking opportunities to increase sales, manage inventory and cost of goods
- Creates unique and effective marketing strategies to increase awareness and profitability
- Oversee and manages all inventory and stock
- Collaborate with the other company Store Managers from Manitoba and Saskatchewan as required
- Build and maintain an ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities and research
- Lead and supervise Retail Associates to ensure increased sales, market expansion and business promotion to meet assigned goals and objectives
- Collaborate with the Senior Management team to develop short and long term strategic and marketing plans
- Participate as an active member of the Health and Safety Committee
- Sales or Business Management degree would be considered a definite asset, candidates with a combination of experience and education will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Retail Management required
- Experience with financial and strategic planning and development of effective operation plans
- Knowledge of best practices in leadership, staff motivation and supervision
- Experience using/managing Point of Sale system an asset specifically InfoPOS
- Purchasing and inventory management experience
- Experience in the Honey Industry and Beekeeping would be considered a definite asset
- Experience working within Microsoft Office.
- Ability to drive a forklift. (Experience preferred, but will train the right candidate)