Submit your resume
With over branches across Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, our client is a North American industry leader and dependable equipment partner to their customers. By empowering and investing in their employees, they continue to build and maintain long-term relationships with the communities and businesses that they serve. Committed to providing their customers with the best service and aftermarket sales in the industry, each branch is a full-service operation that you can depend on, anytime, anywhere.
Reporting to the General Sales Manager, the role of the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will support and promote company brands by leveraging the organization’s network of branches across Western Canada. The RSM will have full P&L responsibility for sales and marketing initiatives in their assigned regions along with agriculture inventory, facilities, and ensuring the customer experience. The position is field based and is responsible for driving sustainable and profitable market share. The RSM will have reporting responsibility for the Sales Teams in their region and is accountable to improve overall sales performance and maintaining strong relations with key customers and suppliers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work directly with a team of branch sales managers throughout assigned region: Edmonton, Grimshaw, Falher, Grande Prairie
- Act as a coach and a mentor to Branch Sales Managers and support their development for succession planning and career development
- Strategic leadership of the Region’s whole goods department in support of individual branch location goals
- Train, mentor, coach, and monitor sales team to improve their performance and meet their goals
- Initiate sales support and liaise with marketing team to leverage advertising opportunities
Strategy & Business Processes
- Exceed financial goals assigned by the General Sales Manager
- Develop, maintain, and implement a region-specific sales plan for the accomplishment of objectives using the company’s management-defined sales processes
- Support and assist Sales Managers to analyze weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reports in order to monitor sales team performance and plan action items for improvements
- Provide input for Branch reports and forecasts for Management reporting as necessary
- Monitor external factors to strategically prepare for and respond to customer needs
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Effective and strong presentations and communication skills with the ability to communicate with large teams and senior level management
- Assertiveness, perseverance, energy, and passion – results oriented behavior required to be successful in a sales role
- Strong negotiation, relationship building and influencing skills and behaviors
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to handle moderate to large complex deals, and moderate to high volume
- Demonstrates effective planning and time management skills
- Consistent track record of performance and meeting targets and KPI’s
- Demonstrates advanced creativity and problem-solving skills, in addition to negotiation and influencing skills and behaviors.
- Demonstrates high technical acumen
- Experience in sale of Agriculture and/or Construction equipment ideally in a regional capacity
- Strong coaching/leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide sales representatives
- Territory travel of 50% or more will be required
Relocation for the right individual will be considered.
- Edmonton, AB
RemunerationRemuneration in this position will consists of a base salary between $130-150K commensurate upon experience, and aggressive bonus program, a company vehicle, and a comprehensive benefits package with flexible plans to suit your needs, along with a Group Retirement Plan. We are committed to empowering and investing in our employees to build and maintain relationships with the communities and businesses we serve, which is why we offer competitive salaries across all positions and family health days—six paid personal days for all employees each year.
- Edmonton, AB