About Our Client:
Our client is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for inspecting perishable products as they are received from Vendors and before being shipped to our customers to ensure quality and food safety standards are met. The Quality Control Inspector also monitors temperatures of perishable product arriving and leaving the facility to ensure compliance with Food Safety guidelines.
- Responsible for checking produce slots daily to ensure product staged for shipping each night is within quality standards. This includes taking pictures and creating a report that is emailed to sales to effectively communicate the quality we have in stock.
- Ensures product is being rotated properly during daily slot checks and communicates any issues with the Operations supervisors.
- Inspects in-bound perishable products as they arrive and requests credit from Vendors for any product that does not meet standards.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of fresh produce to minimize waste and enhance overall quality of product shipped to customers.
- Check perishable code dated product to ensure proper product rotation is occurring and work with inventory standard operating procedures (SOP) reporting to determine when code dated product should be frozen or disposed.
- Facilitate in the return of product to vendors and complete the required documentation associated with this process.
- Identify and communicate product inventory concerns to the Merchandising, Operations and Finance leads.
- Assist in the reduction produce waste, customer returns and quality credits to customers.
- Assist in checking and filing paperwork on all loads arriving with refer-unit alarms or temperature issues that receivers identify during the receiving process.
- Monitor spoilage reports for accuracy and opportunities for recovery of product.
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising our client’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to our client’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Is willing to work safely with minimal environmental impact and understands the importance of reporting all hazards, incidents, and environmental spills immediately to their Supervisor.
- Understands that they play an integral role in their own safety and that of their colleagues and is willing to speak out when hazards are present.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Food Safety and quality control training would be considered an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a produce related environment with the ability to identify produce quality issues.
- Experience working in a fast-paced warehouse environment an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Material handling equipment experience is an asset.
- Fully bilingual in French/English
|To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock: [email protected]|
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.