About Our Client: Our client is a leading international organization in the professional services space.
Location: Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal or Calgary. This will be a work from home opportunity with occasion travel to the office.
Position Scope: The Proposal Writer will manage the RFP response process and resources from receipt through drafting, editing, proofreading, submission and follow-up for feedback for RFPs involving multiple practices and/or multiple offices. This position will directly report into the COO and will work closely with the proposals team to craft award winning proposals.
- Analyzing the requirements of RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs to plan and craft responses
- Writing and editing proposal for readability, consistency, and appropriate tone describing company capabilities, sector knowledge, management approach, and/or past performance
- Adhering to internal quality standards for RFP submissions
- Collaborating with Partners and the Proposal Team in writing response content
- Editing and proofreading proposals to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, and consistency with company guidelines
- Collaborating with Proposal Team and Partners to develop proposal strategy
- Meeting non-negotiable project deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Timely project coordination with Partners to meet draft deadlines
- Maintaining document files and knowledge-base articles of completed proposals and presentations
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional writing and editing experience in a fast-paced professional services and/or business development environment
- Ability to be “heads down” and work independently to complete quality proposals under deadlines
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat XI
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work collegially under pressure and handle multiple work assignments
- Ability to be flexible working with different personalities, from Partners to Project Coordinators, while also being cognizant of others’ schedules and timelines
- Calmness under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to clarify complex information
- Ability to identify value propositions and differentiators
- Confident and proactive, able to interact with all levels of management and legal professionals
- Ability to manage several proposals simultaneously
- Demonstrated self-starter and highly motivated to handle a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience:
- University or college diploma (preferably in marketing or communications)
- Minimum of 2+ years of proposal writing, editing and formatting experience with professional services organizations.
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Vancouver Island, BC
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.