Our client is an established leader in the landscape maintenance and snow removal market in Calgary. They specialize in large condominium complexes, commercial and municipal professional grounds maintenance services.
You will lead the production teams to produce work efficiently and of the highest quality. You will provide coaching to Supervisors to help them do their jobs the best that they can. Bigger-picture seasonal – as well as shorter term – planning and adjustments for staff, equipment, and route planning is a critical part of this role. Working directly alongside the management team to assist staff and look for ways to improve. You will be the end of the line for making sure the work gets done.
Does this sound like you?
- You are a natural leader and many people look up to you (in work and personal life) – you lead by example
- You are always looking for ways to improve yourself and the people around you
- You enjoy working collaboratively in a tight-knit, growing company with motivated, respectful team members
- You stay calm under pressure and don’t let things get heated when challenges arise
- You are very organized and great at communicating with people
- You can think long-term and make plans and adjust as needed – foreseeing issues and opportunities before they appear
- You are accountable to your responsibilities and actions and really own your role
- You know when to ask for help and are comfortable admitting faults or struggles
- You have worked in an outdoor trade before and thrive in the unpredictability of it
- You are ready, available, and eager to work anytime it’s required
- You enjoy the variety of working in both an office environment and out in the field directly with people
- You are a quick learner and already have the tech skills necessary to excel in this role
- Reviewing and adjusting the daily schedules for all of production staff
- Communication with other managers to resolve issues or work on projects
- Reviewing performance of jobs and identifying where improvements can be made through training
- Regular visits to customer properties for quality control, efficiency issues, and staff coaching opportunities
- Ensure that enough, and the right staff, equipment, and materials are available to produce the work sold
- Overseeing customer complaints and service calls and resolving them in a timely manner
- Daily & weekly communication and coaching with Supervisors to help them develop and progress towards their goals
- On call 7 days a week for winter season (October through April) – no night shifts. Monday to Friday for summer season but weekend work is sometimes necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role
- A minimum of 1 year experience in any outdoor trade
- A genuine, trustworthy person that will contribute to the work environment in a positive way.
- Comfortable with long hours at times, and unpredictable schedule
- Proficient with Google Suite & any Field Service Software
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean record
- Calgary, AB
RemunerationRemuneration will consist of a base salary between $70-90K, company vehicle, Health Spending account, laptop, cellphone. Internal training program and company paid outside training courses and certifications. If you are looking for an organization with a great company culture where you can have a positive impact this may be the role you are seeking.
- Calgary, AB