Our client provides customers with high-quality wire and cable products at the best value possible. As one of Canada’s largest distributors for over 40 years, they have built a reputation for going to great lengths for our customers. They supply solutions for a variety of different markets in residential, commercial, industrial and emerging green markets such as wind farms, solar energy, hydroelectric, water and waste treatments.
Why Join Them?
- You will be joining a market leader with over 40 years of experience to help you elevate your potential.
- You will be working for the world’s #1 privately held business-to-business distributor of electrical products and related solutions.
- Be part of an ISO certified company with a strong quality assurance program and new technologies which help you perform at your best.
- Attractive compensation with benefits and “other perks” such as tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral provides the opportunity to earn more while you work by referring one of the best you know.
- In-depth process and product training provided by a mentoring approach, product knowledge sessions hosted by the Product Manager and lunch and learn meetings.
- They house the largest inventory to better service our customers and deliver on sales commitments.
They are seeking a Procurement Specialist at their Surrey location. This position handles day-to-day customer inquiries via Sales for non-stock items as well as inquiries for project bids and urgent requests. The work is extremely fast-paced, very demanding, and even sometimes stressful. Works closely with Sales to strategically develop sales proposals to maximize sales and gross margin opportunities and serves as a technical resource for the Company.
A) Sales, Bids, Product Support
- Review and qualification of requests for quotes from Sales
- Identify and recommend appropriate products, solutions, and/or services
- Preparation of landed cost sheets as required by Sales
B) Sourcing & Supplier Management
- Research and sourcing of materials
- Submit price & delivery requests to Suppliers
- Negotiation with Suppliers
- Review of vendor acknowledgements and updating of delivery status
- Price adjustments for commodities
- Troubleshooting, expediting, entry and maintenance of orders
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required.
- Post Secondary required.
- Business education background required
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office software required, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- 3-4 years of Industry experience and/or experience in a similar job.
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize duties, multitask, and perform accurately, efficiently, and effectively in a high-paced work environment. Must have strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully employ interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships and customer service with internal and external stakeholders and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrate a good understanding of technology (ie: digital tools/online platforms/solutions)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration and living in the Lower Mainland will be contacted.