Submit your resume
The Post-Collection Field Services Specialist provides field oversight to key functions within our client’s post-collection network to ensure that operational issues are brought forward and managed expeditiously between our client and the post-collection service provider’s respective teams. This position is designed to positively affect supply chain results for the overall network while managing and analyzing post-collection aspects of special projects and pilots. This position reports to the Director of Program Operations and works closely with the post-collection service provider partner as required.
This role is a 12-month term contract, starting in August/September 2022.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison on behalf of the Post-Collection team with other internal departments
- Participate in relevant Working Groups and discussions
- Liaise with the post-collection service provider, collection team, and other team members on areas of concern or other relevant issues
- Oversight of depot material movement to troubleshoot field issues.
- Oversee the receiving and quality of depot material from our client’s extensive depot network to have a quick liaison between collection and post-collection to resolve issues and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the handling of this material.
- Work with depot hauler network to ensure quality and accuracy of material hauled and reported, as well as efficiency of the network itself.
- Work directly with post-collection service providers on overall depot logistics to find efficiencies and alternative methods of collecting material from the depot network.
- Provide value-added summaries on an ongoing and as-needed basis.
- Provide support to the post-collection receiving facility network.
- Provide support to the audit process and oversight of sample collection at receiving facilities.
- Oversee and support glass streams and contamination reduction methodologies.
- Troubleshoot issues such as hauling wait times, contaminated loads, suspected ICI content, general congestion, etc.
- Work with post-collection service providers on logistics – provide a better understanding of the logistics network in the system and how transporters are utilized within the province.
- Project management and oversight for several post-collection projects
- Provide representation for post-collection for internal projects including but not limited to audits, special collection items, etc.
- Coordinate scheduling of material drop off, delivery, processing, and auditing by a third party
- Data analysis for gathered information
- Provide support for GHG emissions reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
(a) Internal Relationship
- This position will require access to our client’s supply chain data for validation and evaluation of processes.
- This position requires sensitive handling of confidential material and must respect the policies on sharing of confidential material.
- This position liaises with each of our client post-collection service provider’s working groups to ensure that workflow, as it impacts joint activities, is optimized and that operational issues are brought forward and managed expeditiously and cooperatively between our client and the post-collection service provider’s respective teams.
- This position liaises with the respective client’s partner personnel as needed on operational issues and keeps communications open between our client and the partner and the post-collection service provider’s respective teams as issues are brought forward and resolved.
- This position liaises with respective post-collection personnel as needed on operational issues and keeps communications open between the post-collection service provider and our client and the partner as issues are brought forward and resolved.
(b) External Relationships
- Interact with various external stakeholders including:
- Collection and post-collection service providers and their sub-contracted partners as applicable
- Provincial waste management associations
- Stewardship Agencies of BC and other Extended Producer Responsibility programs
- Supply chain auditors/consultants
Post-secondary education related to environmental studies, sustainability, supply chain, operations, engineering, and related disciplines
- At least 5 years in an operations environment, preferably with supply chain experience in a business or a private sector/municipal sector waste management, environment, operational optimization
- Customer or client-facing, front-line experience with technical issues, performing inspections, warranty claims, etc.
- Very strong analytical skills and numbers acumen.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint and strong operational software management capabilities, including the ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- This position will require an individual who is able to communicate well with individuals at all levels of an organization in various roles and who is able to work in an environment that is open to the elements, may be dirty and surrounded by heavy machinery and processing equipment.
- Flexible work schedule requiring periods of extended working hours to meet deadlines during peak periods.
- Ability to work in an environment that is open to the elements and may be dirty and surrounded by heavy machinery and processing equipment.
- Requires travel within the province to meet with the collection, transportation, and processing partners. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong base salary of 70K
- Comprehensive employee benefits package
- 3 weeks holiday
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail. [email protected]
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration and living in the Lower Mainland will be contacted.