Submit your resume
About Our Client: Our client is a leading group of companies in the metals industry.
Reporting to the Director of Total Rewards, this position focuses on supporting, coordinating, and administering Total Rewards programs for Canada and the US. This role will provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization regarding benefits, pension and disability management and support and educate employees on our programs on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the overall administration of the pension and benefit plans, programs and policies, ensuring that processes are documented, communicated, and consistently and fairly implemented.
- Co-ordinate the administration of the annual compensation review process. Assist in analysing job descriptions and job evaluations and grading structure. Create and maintain Job Data Inventory.
- Recognized as the subject matter expert (SME) for all pension and benefit queries or processes, manages disability claims and responds accordingly. Stays current on innovative changes in the industry.
- Provide oversight of retirement plans, defined contribution plans and 401K
- Interacts with third-party vendors, including consultants, insurance carriers, and attorneys. Ensures the timely completion of all year-end filings, to ensure that we are in regulatory compliance.
- Assists with special projects and various initiatives, prepares, analyses and reports on programs to streamline cost or to assist in decision-making.
- Works collaboratively across internal teams and establishes strong working relationships with the business and key stakeholders in solving complex issues by effectively communicates and presenting information about all programs.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of Pension and Benefit practices, principles and regulatory requirements for Canada and the USA
- Strong understanding of Compensation process, Job Description, Job Evaluation, and Annual Merit Process.
- Proficiency in HR systems (ex. Ceridian Dayforce)
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong and effective communicator
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years experience in Benefits, Pension, Compensation, and Disability Management
- Obtained or working towards CEBS designation
To apply, please send a resume to Aman Sodi at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.