Submit your resume
Our client is a unique producer owned company who is committed to producing and selling quality, value added food products from farmers to consumers. Our client is seeking an Operations Manager for their non-GMO canola processing facility. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual who would like to be involved on the ground floor of an expanding company.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong management, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects in operations of a 24/7 specialty oilseed crush and edible oil refinery. You will provide leadership in all aspects of production and will be responsible for demonstrating a commitment to maintaining a cost-effective operation, safety, continuous improvement, and employee engagement.
Responsibilities will include the day-to-day oversight of plant safety, plant costs, budgets, monitoring and ongoing improvement of plant productivity, risk management, supervision of employees, and interaction with upper management.
- Will oversee manufacturing operations, maintenance, and quality departments.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Assure the attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Reduce costs and improve efficiencies in all areas of plant operations.
- Hiring, development and training of key staff members, promote the development of a well-trained and motivated employee team.
- Develop and maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere to promote a safe and productive work environment
- Establish group, and individual accountabilities, objectives, and key productivity indicators, in such areas as safety, product quality, yields, plant utilization, costs, etc.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities for safety leadership, problem solving and cost reduction.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact-based problem solving.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Foster and champion, a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of the facility.
- Maintain a clean and safe plant with an injury-free work environment.
The Ideal candidate will have the following Skills/ Experience:
- Degree/ diploma in an engineering discipline or technical field is preferred.
- Demonstrated good business skills in regard to budgeting, cost analysis and reports.
- A proven track record with a minimum of 3 years management and supervisory experience in plant operations, preferably in the canola processing sector.
- Knowledge of plant operations, maintenance, quality, and safety programs.
- Excellent communication skills interacting with all levels of staff and hourly employees.
- Strong leadership, organizational & problem-solving skills.
- Operational planning experience.
- Ability to work self-directed with a high level of initiative and priority setting.
- Facility is a 24/7 operation requiring availability during business-critical situations.
- Proficiency in MS offices
Submit your resume today to [email protected]