Summit Search Group, a leading national recruitment agency, is proud to be partnered with Shared Health Manitoba in the attraction and recruitment of several key diagnostic positions within Manitoba. Supporting Manitoba’s 5 health regions, Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration and delivery of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services that Manitobans can count on.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs a wide range of procedures utilizing radionuclides for the diagnosis and therapy of disease in humans. The incumbent will also assist with administrative duties, teaching and research projects.
Education and Certification/Licensure/Registration
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nuclear Medicine Technology with attained certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
- Registered and in good standing with and certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT).
- Successful completion of CAMRT’s Course 1 of the CT Imaging course series, required.
- Commitment to enroll and successfully attain the CAMRT’s Course 2 and Course 3 of the CT Imaging certificate within five years from date of hire is required.
- The CT Imaging certificate is preferred.
- An equivalent certification program as recognized by the Centre may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated competence in a wide range of Nuclear Medicine procedures requiring independent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English. French may also be required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required.
- Proficient analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to use professional judgment to adapt and apply procedures, protocols and professional standards of care to new and changing technology and needs of others.
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position.
If you want to build a career in Manitoba and make a difference in the lives of people in your community, please send your resume Gail Eckert, Summit Search Group at [email protected] or call 204-981-9839.