Our client, a global specialist diabetes care company, are seeking a full-time Medical Sales Representative to join their team in Kingston, Ontario. Their mission is to empower people living with diabetes through innovative solutions that simplify and improve their lives, developing high quality solutions and tools that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes.
The Medical Sales Representative will be responsible for the achievement of annual sales commitments within their assigned territory.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Achieving annual sales commitments within an assigned territory
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of company products, disease state, competitive products, and changes in health care to exceed customer expectations and compete in the marketplace
- Servicing existing pharmacy accounts, obtaining orders, negotiating mutually beneficial outcomes, and establishing new business opportunities by planning and organizing daily work schedule to maximize sales opportunities
- Creating partnerships with customers and challenging their current decision-making process to meet key business objectives (KBOs)
- Aligning insights to customer priorities and tying those back to the company’s unique offerings
- Clearly articulating the company’s value proposition and engaging customers in jointly addressing business priorities
- Maintaining consistent levels of activity with all targeted customers while discussing KBOs (ROI, sales, CE’s, clinic days, company programs)
- Tracking economic and industry activity and understanding implications to the therapeutic area, including potential new opportunities
- Educating customers on industry trends and best practices
- Functioning within regional teams to develop and execute business plans, which identify and/or address local customer needs and business opportunities
- Identifying and developing key regional opinion leaders in diabetes to use and influence other medical professionals to recommend the company’s diabetes products
- Making appropriate sales presentations to targeted customers (Internal Medicine, Key GPs, Family Health Team, Diabetes Nurse Educators) within markets that have key business opportunities
- Continuously sharing market information trends, including competitors’ activity, with regional team members
- Conscientiously behaving in an ethical and honest manner in their interactions with others
- A University degree, preferably in science or business administration, or comparable experience
- Previous 3-5 years of proven healthcare or retail selling experience
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high level of competencies in communication, interpersonal sensitivity, teamwork, tenacity, achievement orientation, efficiency and planning
- Knowledge of the selling process and of the healthcare industry is an asset
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.