Our client has acted as the General Contractor on over 600 hospitality-based builds over the last 12 years. To continue their growth, they are looking to add a Managing Partner to open their Vancouver operations.
The Managing Partner is responsible for the direction and coordination of Vancouver operations while working closely with the CEO and the Leadership team to improve performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of nest business practices. The Managing Partner also provides support to the upper management team by helping oversee the administration and management across all department within the Vancouver scope.
The Managing Partner – Vancouver reports directly to the CEO and is required to interface closely with all employees, clients, sub-trades, vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Assist with contractual negotiations and contract implementations.
- Oversee the whole staff responsible for internal project logs including Cost Reports, Changes Notices, RFQs, SIs, RFIs, shop drawings, contracts, and project closeouts.
- Develop, implement, and train Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Estimators on protocol to streamline various construction processes including shop drawing procurement, project closeout procedures, and change order administration.
- In charge of planning, managing, budget and schedule tracking for active Construction projects
- Support project schedule/budget controls, mentoring & support of team members, while ensuring design deliverables are achieved according to project objectives
- A change agent that demonstrates flexibility and resilience and is able to respond constructively to demands and challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Communicate key project deliverables, establishing a functional and shared work-plan, monitor and adjust to shifting timelines, resolving issues that impact the ability to deliver projects on budget and on time
- Ensure communication is ongoing and efficient between departments.
- Monitor and promote the use of Procore.
- Identify and evaluate new markets and opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, market and competitive analysis, customer needs assessment, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations.
- Create effective marketing strategies to win in the marketplace, including market segmentation, value proposition development, technology positioning, pricing strategy, branding strategy, channel strategy and communications strategy development.
- Front line leader for all incoming new business opportunities — capabilities meetings, proposal development and crafting/delivering client pitches.
- Contribute continued development and refinement of all marketing materials – brand positioning, capabilities presentations, website, social channels, etc.
- Contribute continued development of all departmental processes (Estimating, project coordination, project management, site supervision etc) to refine and provide feedback on tested/proven methods. Implement LEAN Construction processes/tasks
- Communicate the company’s brand promise clearly, professionally, respectfully, and consistently expressed to our target clients and partners; ensures that the company brand, culture, and image is defined and carried through from the office to site.
- Ensure that the company has the right marketing content, and enough of it to support business development initiatives; ensure that the marketing content is innovative, attracts target markets as well as understanding of our cost per customer retention.
- Establish and reinforce company culture. Ensure that our culture is aligned with our mission statement and monitor adherence to it. Ensure all events are aligned with the company’s mission statement.
GENERAL DUTIES including but not limited to
- Facilitate coordination and communication between departments.
- Provide a leadership support function to teams and motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Act as a liaison with upper management and keep them up to date.
- Enforce committee meetings across departments and supervise them.
- Conflict resolution with subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide high level budgets as required.
- Investigate, analyze and identify the root causes of problems encountered in the daily operations and take the necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform employee evaluations.
- Carry out general administrative tasks when required.
- Interview and recruiting of new candidates.
- Perform site checks pre-construction, during and post to identify QC items.
- Attend client bid presentation meetings.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Estimating, Pre-Construction and Construction process
- Work with business development teams to determine budgeting, general conditions and strategic position for project opportunities being considered.
- Identify and select highly qualified subcontractors and solicit competitive pricing for tenders.
- Conduct thorough analysis of tender drawings. Comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings and potential construction problems.
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal, tender walk, conferences and site visits.
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates for material, labour, equipment, subcontracts and construction facilities.
- Maintain good relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrate reliability, accountability and excellent customer service.
- Keep confidential all customer and business information and records that you may have access to.
- Keep abreast of competitive developments, commercial real estate activity and marketplace trends in the industry.
- Maintain the day to day and ensure output matches company standards.
- Participate in annual performance evaluation.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
- The quality of work produced as measured by errors, rework and complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and staff.
- The accuracy and state of organization of all records kept.
- The degree of compliance with the required regulations and standards.
- Ability to build a capable and competent team and provide technical guidance to others and resolve problems as a team.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others to get the job done on time and within budget.
- The level of support to the management team in the areas requested.
- Ability to develop, implement and document best practices in the areas under your control in the organization.