Our client has been leading the global fight against malnutrition. Working as an expert ally to governments, they combine a deep technical expertise with a flexible approach to deliver proven nutrition interventions at scale. They are seeking a full-time Manager, Talent Acquisition to join their team in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Manager, Talent Acquisition will be responsible for the management of the organization’s global recruitment. They will be accountable for developing the organization’s talent acquisition approach with a focus on global equity an inclusion. Reporting to the Senior Director Human Resources, the Manager, Talent Acquisition will be the global lead responsible for all aspects of recruitment for head office in Ottawa and international field offices. This position will also be responsible improving the overall recruitment processes and practices.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing and implementing a global large-scale recruitment strategy and planning to support the organization’s current and future talent acquisition requirements and goals.
- Leading and managing the entire life-cycle recruitment to fill vacancies at head office and in international field offices in a timely and efficient manner. This includes all aspects of recruiting from job description development to advertising, sourcing candidates, shortlisting and selecting, conducting reference checks, negotiating offers and onboarding.
- Overseeing and coordinating all recruitment efforts with Human Resources colleagues and working with them to ensure successful onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with hiring managers to understand their staffing needs, advise on job descriptions and ads, and provide timely and high-quality support throughout the recruitment process. Ensuring a clear mutual understanding of staffing policies, priorities and constraints.
- Developing, updating and managing all global recruitment policies, processes and programs, implementing improvements to ensure streamlined, effective, high quality recruitment service is provided, and providing quarterly recruitment metrics and reporting on progress.
- Managing the organization’s Applicant Tracking System (Workable) and proactively building the talent pipeline and network of potential candidates for future consideration.
- Developing solid and efficient working relationships with global mobility experts to flag and solution work permitting, relocation, insurance and taxation complexities.
- Developing strategies and initiatives to attract talent and increase the organization’s presence and brand in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Developing a suite of reporting metrics for benchmarking and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring recruitment practices the organization’s diversity, inclusion, and required compliance to applicable laws and values.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Some travel will be required.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in English both reading and writing is a prerequisite. Knowledge of French and other languages spoken in countries supported by the organization would be an asset
- Outstanding oral and written communication, presentation, and diplomacy skills; strong verbal skills are a requirement
- Ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient and solution focused; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet urgent deadlines in fast paced multi-tasking and short deadline environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas occasionally for recruitment activities
- Possible risk of adverse working conditions through exposure to unstable clients and/or volatile situations with clients
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline and 5+ years related professional experience in a full life cycle recruitment
- Global recruiting experience within INGO environment is an asset
- Successful track record in filling difficult positions in niche areas and maintaining high quality satisfaction of hiring managers and candidates
- Knowledge and experience in working with Applicant Tracking Systems and online recruiting and networking tools
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.