Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has proudly partnered with Recycle BC and Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) on the search for a Manager, Marketing Communications. They are not-for-profit Extended Producer Responsibility organizations for residential waste packaging and paper recycling in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Recycle BC ensures packaging and paper product is collected from households and recycling depots, sorted and recycled responsibly. Recycle BC provides recycling services either directly to communities or by working in partnership with collectors like local governments, First Nations, private companies, and other not-for-profit organizations. MMSW was established to help obligated businesses meet their requirements under the Saskatchewan Recycling Regulation, helping to share the cost to Saskatchewan municipalities of providing recycling of household waste packaging and paper to residents.
The Manager, Marketing Communications lead strategic marketing efforts for recycling programs in BC and Saskatchewan. Develop marketing plans, manage program brands, oversee awareness campaigns, digital engagement, and education initiatives. Collaborate on projects, manage suppliers, and track metrics. This role requires excellent attention to detail, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage projects and external suppliers. This person will play a crucial role in promoting recycling and educating residents how to recycle effectively. They should have a comprehensive understanding of marketing communications strategy as well as creative development and execution.
· Develop marketing plans and manage brands.
· Oversee recycling awareness and education campaigns.
· Manage digital activities and program websites.
· Coordinate events and liaise with agencies.
· Track and report marketing metrics and budget
Skills & Attributes:
· Strategic market understanding, brand & advertising management
· Content creation for various channels and audiences
· Experience with agencies and contractors’ management
· Strong communication and creative partnership skills
· Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, business or commerce or related degree/diploma or equivalent experience.
· 7+ years in related role with excellent leadership skills.
· Ability to develop strategic marketing plans and ensure practical application and success.
· Internal and external marketing communications; excellent research skills, writing and proof reading.
· Ability to develop and build credibility and trust and strong business relationships both internally and externally.
· Understanding of graphic design and production processes; creativity and thoroughness with high standards of quality.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail; ability to prioritize and multitask.
· Strong project management and interpersonal skills; works well alone and as part of a team.
· Excellent critical thinking abilities and initiative; understands and can work at the micro and macro level of an organization.
· Proficient with MS Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Outlook and WordPress.
· Graphic design/Adobe InDesign experience an asset.
What we offer:
· We offer competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package that includes a Professional Development benefit.
· Personal Wellness Benefit
· RRSP matching program
· Medical/dental group benefit coverage.
· We work in a hybrid work environment that enables team members to work both at Multi-Material Stewardship Western office in Saskatoon and a remote work location.
We want to work with a motivated, detail-driven team player who will build great relationships with our small, dedicated team, our service partners, and our stakeholders. Our values of innovation, trust, knowledge, service, and respect should resonate with you.
If you are a motivated team player with a passion for strategic partnerships and creativity, we want to hear from you.
Apply now to Jessica Willis, at Summit Search Group at [email protected]
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.