Submit your resume
Summit Search Group has partnered with Exceldor Cooperative, an Award-Winning and long-standing company on the recruitment of their next Manager, Live Procurement & Member Relations at the Blumenort location. The successful candidate will maintain a high degree of awareness for procurement plans and production scheduling; coordinating this activity Sales and Marketing, and will develop short-term as well as long-term business initiatives that align with Exceldor’s strategic goals.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of a live poultry Quality Assurance program; support the training and communication of Quality Assurance standards; implement standards; identify and resolve quality issues that cross departments or functions as they arise from internal and external customers.
- Provide open communication and constructive dialogue with field representatives to problem solve chicken, turkey and hatching egg flock issues.
- Stay abreast of technology and process advances, making appropriate recommendations that can significantly impact western Exceldor live operations.
- Foster a team environment and direct the duties of the Live Operations team; set expectations to ensure team members will plan, prioritize, and organize their work effectively; delegate appropriate authority to specific team members.
- After consultation with Human Resources, assume accountability for ensuring effective people development; ensure performance is measured to facilitate continuous improvement; identify and sponsor developmental opportunities for key and promising individuals in to help them gain wide exposure, experience, and readiness for challenging roles; proactively manage employee relations.
- Other duties as required.
- Agricultural degree or other related education.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience:
- in servicing to producers
- successfully leading a team.
- Strategic management skills along with demonstrated experience with generating change, developing others, progressive thinking and relationship building is required.
- Demonstrated experience in building successful producer and allied industry relationships.
- Good understanding of supply management agricultural goods
- Knowledge in the poultry industry will be an advantage
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modeling, inclusive behaviors and proactively managing bias throughout our process.