Our client is a leader within the commercial and industrial HVAC industry
This role is a key position within the business development team. The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for business development in specific target markets. This will include formulating innovative, productive and market specific business development strategies for their sales team. This individual is responsible for team performance in achieving quarterly/annual sales goals, building strategic business relationships regionally & nationally and providing vision for sales strategies. They will work cooperatively with other Sales Directors and Marketing staff as part of the company’s overall business development leadership team. This individual could work out of the company’s Calgary or Edmonton office.
- Demonstrated capability in recruiting, coaching, training and motivating the sales team.
- Create training and development plans for your sales team. Initiate daily communication and feedback forever member your team including celebrating success.
- Ensuring that direct reports have the tools necessary to perform competent work, including development and maintenance of market specific playbooks.
- Responsible for execution and achievement of all quarterly and/or annual sales goals, and objectives within your area of responsibility.
- Create product segmentation strategies where needed to maximize business opportunities across various sales channels.
- Personal attention to develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish profit and volume goals. Personal time dedicated to targeting business development.
- Travel will be required
- Bachelor’s Degree or other relevant postsecondary education.
- Working experience in the HVAC/refrigeration industry preferred
- Minimum of five years management experience in business development and/or marketing required.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.
- Confident with decision-making in regards to determining guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Sales Force, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Products and Email Required.
- High level of critical and logical thinking analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Remuneration for this position will consist of a base salary between $95-105K commensurate upon experience in addition to a bonus, car allowance and full benefit program