The Maintenance Technician (4th Class Power Engineer) performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from safety improvements, trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair, and projects. Experience within a refrigerated work environment is required.
- Understand and adhere to all health and safe work policies and procedures, including following all HACCP requirements associated with the position.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the boiler, refrigeration, plant equipment and processing systems.
- Carries out all aspects of preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Input information in computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, inventory, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail.
- Participates or leads activities within our Maintenance Process from: work identification; work planning; work scheduling; work execution; and work follow-up.
- Unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lightings and electrical systems.
- Works collaboratively with the Production and the rest of the Maintenance team.
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition.
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment.
- Accredited license or ticket as a 4th Class Power Engineer.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- 3+ years’ experience, food manufacturing or similar industry preferred.
- Prior working experience with Ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Ability to work 10 hour shift: 4 on 3 off, with weekend, evening premium.
- Strong critical thinking ability; good problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, noise, odors, varying temperatures, and at heights.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.