Submit your resume
About Our Client:
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the energy space.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Maintenance, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising maintenance activities at the facility. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with superior people and problem solving skills who is committed to continuous improvement.
- Directly supervise a team of unionized tradespeople and contractors.
- Lead and support site’s objective to improve safety performance by working collaboratively with all employees. Focus includes conventional safety management activities such as accident / incident investigation & corrective actions, advancing a safety culture and behaviours as well as ensuring work is performed safely following regulatory codes and site procedures.
- Continuously improve maintenance activities for employee skills as well as equipment efficiency and availability to support site targets and goals.
- Encourage and facilitate employee participation in improvement efforts.
- Potentially, the position may be utilized in a combination role with shutdown planning and project management.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills.
- Strong problem solving skills using established methodologies (5 Why, Fishbone, Cause Map etc.)
- Strong computer skills; SAP CMMS, Microsoft Office software etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Experience with implementation and use of predictive maintenance strategies.
- Experience working in a continuous processing environment an asset.
- Understanding of Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Trade certificate, technical diploma or degree in mechanical field
- 3-5 years’ experience in supervision or leading teams in a unionized, heavy industrial or manufacturing environment
- Project Management designation and/or Lean manufacturing certificate an asset.
To apply, please send a resume to Jessica Alcock at [email protected]
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
- Whitby, ON
- Whitby, ON