Submit your resume
Our client is the largest online eyewear company in the world with a mission to make vision correction accessible worldwide. They are a recognized global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses. They are seeking a motivated and mission driven full-time Licensed Optician to join their retail team at their new location in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Licensed Optician will be working in collaboration with the retail team and Optometrists. As Optician, you will proactively assist the company’s customers in finding their perfect pair of eyeglasses.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Suggesting appropriate products for customers in consideration of lens type, material and coating.
- Assisting customers by taking their eyeglasses measurements, fitting and dispensing contact lenses, and adjusting and repairing eyeglasses.
- You will be a subject matter expert in the store, sharing your knowledge on product information, and always going the extra mile to ensure customers have a smooth transition from the exam room to the sales floor.
- You will also be responsible for processing customer orders and will serve as the final champion in inspecting each order and validating its quality.
- You will work to establish and maintain best practices when it comes to optical troubleshooting and repairing and adjusting frames.
- You will work in collaboration with the retail team and own the technical development of the retail staff through cross-training methods.
- Monitoring and achieving various KPI’s including but not limited to; traffic, sales targets, clinic conversion, average order value and customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be a licensed optician.
- Strong communication and sales skills, and a genuine commitment to customer service and making a difference in people’s lives.
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently, with an entrepreneurial mindset and readiness to embrace challenges.
- You are open-minded, knowledgeable and motivated to impact the quality of life for many individuals.
- Must have flexible schedule with availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays in a retail setting.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please send a resume to Kyle Provost at [email protected].
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.