Our client, a top-ranking law firm in Atlantic Canada is currently looking to hire an experienced Legal Assistant who will be responsible for providing legal administrative support to lawyers in the Corporate, Commercial and Tax practice groups. As a Legal Assistant, you will play a key role in fulfilling all legal administrative duties for our client.
This job opportunity is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The employee will follow our client’s processes and policies while providing a level of service that exceeds client expectations. This individual must serve as a contributing member of the Legal team while championing our client’s mission and values.
- Accurate preparation of correspondence and legal documents.
- Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and organize emails and files diligently.
- Meeting deadlines, and ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed.
- Processing daily emails, phone messages and time sheets.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate client and administrative files.
- Calendar maintenance, scheduling and organizing meetings, and assisting with client meetings.
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers and team members.
- Providing overflow support and help to other assistants as time allows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ administrative experience in a legal environment, with experience in Corporate, Commercial & Tax.
- Preference is given to those with related paralegal/legal assistant formal education.
- Strong competency in the usage of MS Office (particularly Word and Excel), paired with superior typing and dicta-transcription skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to check typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, word usage and formatting errors).
- The ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- The willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
For additional details, please contact Cynthia McCutcheon at Summit Search Group directly: [email protected]
Please note that only those candidates who fulfill the requirements will receive a response.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.