Submit your resume
Part of a larger group of companies, our client is close to 100 years old and has operations throughout Eastern Canada. They are looking for a Lead Engineering Resource Planner to support their team.
They strive to provide exceptional service and high-quality products to their customers and support a strong corporate strategy with high standards in the communities where they live and work. They are collaborative, committed to diversity and inclusion initiatives, and support an internal brand position where people matter!
As a Lead Engineering Resource Planner, you will manage and oversee the organization’s scheduling of Engineering Resources to ensure capital and expense projects are planned efficiently. This role provides strong technical leadership and collaborates with Business Unit project teams to maintain the integrity of project schedules. This person will analyze and report on schedule performance, lead a small team, optimize resource utilization.
For this role, at least 15 years of Project experience and 5 years of Project planning and scheduling is required. PMI, PMP, and PMI-SP certifications are considered an asset. The following are requirements:
- Experience using scheduling software such as MS Project of Primavera P6
- Experience measuring schedule performance using Schedule Performance Index and Cost Performance Index
- Experience with project delivery phases, and associated activities and deliverables, and the understanding of how each impacts the schedule
- Experience planning and logically decomposing project scopes in order to link activities
- Experience analyzing schedules to find trends and providing recommendations
- Experience working with a cross-functional team, including customers, vendors, and management
You must possess a Bachelor degree or College diploma in engineering or a technical trade. Experience with Project Management, and courses specific to resource scheduling would be a strong asset. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is a self-starer, and can use foresight in order to be proactive and anticipate changes and to make adjustments.
In return, our stable and recognized client has an amazing package.
- Hybrid work schedule- work from home and office
- 3 weeks vacation plus vacation purchase plan
- State of the art facility including gym
- Allowances for parking, etc.
- Healthcare spending account plus flex benefits and Wellness Allowance
- Extensive personal and professional development opportunities
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 6 consecutive years
- Occasional travel may be required
- Competitive salary, bonus, and pension plan
This is an immediate need so don’t delay! To apply for this amazing opportunity, or for more information, please contact Scott Smith at Summit Search Group at [email protected] with LERP Saint John in the Email Subject line. Please note that only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.