Labour Relations Specialist
Our client is currently looking for a Labour Relations Specialist to be part of their Winnipeg team. The Labour Relations Specialist performs a range of Human Resource duties with a focus on providing labour relations advice and counsel to management and the Human Resource team.
This role will act as a subject matter expert and lead various labour relations functions.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide guidance on the interpretation, application and administration of collective agreements.
- Provide analyses and advice to leaders and Human Resources on a range of labour relations matters such as discipline, policy implementation, investigations, negotiations, terminations etc.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, review and update of labour relations strategies, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Represent and support management in the grievance process through to resolution. • Provides support in mediations, arbitrations, and Labour Board proceedings, taking on a leadership role when required.
- Chair and participate in joint meetings between the union and management.
- Prepare and present labour relation training material to various internal clients.
- Aid in the development and implementation in forward-looking union-management strategy.
- Aid in the preparation of exhibits, submissions, evidence, briefs etc. for legal proceedings.
- Respond to queries, complaints, and concerns from union representatives and union leaders.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
What will you contribute?
- 2-3 years experience working in labour relations/human resources in a unionized environment.
- Ability to interpret and implement collective agreement language.
- Knowledge of the Canada labour code and other workplace legislation.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage tight timelines and expectations.
- Knowledge of HRIS system.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Matt Erhard at [email protected]. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at www.summitseasrchgroup.com
ABOUT SUMMIT SEARCH GROUP
Summit Search Group is a leading national professional recruitment firm committed to helping employers hire smart, qualified people to advance both the bottom line and individual career goals. Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Summit Search Group is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
If your qualifications are a match for this position please apply online for immediate consideration. Thank you for your application.
Labour Relations Specialist